ENTRY NO: 189071

It's arrived, I am now officially registered for the 2007 ING New York City Marathon.
Yes that's right, on November the 4th I will take to the streets of New York in an attempt to run for 26.2 miles.
There are many reasons for me doing this ranging from a need to get fit and a long desire to actually achieve something, but mainly it's for the challenge and charity, I am running for The Anthony Nolan Trust who help save lives from leukaemia by providing lifesaving donors for patients in need of a bone marrow transplant. Having lost 2 friends; Mickey Bundle and Johnny Allen to Leukaemia in the past 3 years and having watched my fellow rugby player Sam Hart walk single-handedly from Newcastle to London, I have been inspired to throw on my running shoes and to go and do something a bit silly, 26.2 miles it is.
To sponsor me please click HERE

Tuesday 24 July 2007

Wet Wet Wet

Plenty of poeple have told me about how much they prefer running in the rain, I don't.


Yes I know it is refreshing, and yes I know that it helps to keep you cool, but there is just something about starting your run dripping wet and getting sore nipples. Granted this happens anyway, normally by about the end of mile 1 when the sweat is pouring off my head and my fancy running top is "wicking" the sweat away from my back (I hope none of you are reading this over breakfast or lunch, if you are, oops, sorry), but at least I've had a mile when I didn't feel bedraggled.

Last night I had my 45 minute run to do, and it started and finished in the rain. However, it was just rain and not the hail that I had the week before last, which is worse and actually hurt. As for the run, I was really pleased (if I say so myself, and frankly I have too as no one else is going to say it). My route was from Palmers Green Station to home along Green Lanes, just shy of 4 miles, and I had what was probably my most consistent run to date. I'm still not fast (I won't be challenging the elite runners that's for sure, in fact I'm quite positive a number of the fancy dress runners will beat me) but I am getting better.

Still rest day today, so hopefully off to the gym for some work on the bike!

No comments: