ENTRY NO: 189071

It's arrived, I am now officially registered for the 2007 ING New York City Marathon.
Yes that's right, on November the 4th I will take to the streets of New York in an attempt to run for 26.2 miles.
There are many reasons for me doing this ranging from a need to get fit and a long desire to actually achieve something, but mainly it's for the challenge and charity, I am running for The Anthony Nolan Trust who help save lives from leukaemia by providing lifesaving donors for patients in need of a bone marrow transplant. Having lost 2 friends; Mickey Bundle and Johnny Allen to Leukaemia in the past 3 years and having watched my fellow rugby player Sam Hart walk single-handedly from Newcastle to London, I have been inspired to throw on my running shoes and to go and do something a bit silly, 26.2 miles it is.
To sponsor me please click HERE

Wednesday 12 September 2007

A Really Good Week

Yes, believe it or not last week was good, I did 2 quick 4 milers, both in under 40 minutes, yes, I hear your gasps, I am getting quicker!  I also did a good 6 miles in 60 minutes in the heat of the day on the river bank on Thursday, this I found to be a number of things, firstly, flat, and secondly enjoyable (and not many of my runs have been that), but running up the south bank was really interesting as there was loads going on and lots to see.  Running back down the other side was not so good, as I appeared to be running into a head wind that was most certainly not helping me on the other side!  and I also couldn't catch this old guy who was infront of me when I came off the bridge.


When it came to the weekend, I'd ended up having a few more than expected at a wedding party on the Friday night (congratulations to both the Argies and the Biscoe's) so I put off the long run until Sunday.

As Sunday morning came round I felt really well prepared (a new feeling) and confident (for a change), 12 miles later and 2 hours and 10 minutes, I felt a lot less confident and a lot less well prepared, but I was still positive about the distance covered and the fact that although my legs felt that they couldn't carry me any further, they have felt like that at the end of each long run, and the next one is always further.

No comments: