ENTRY NO: 189071

It's arrived, I am now officially registered for the 2007 ING New York City Marathon.
Yes that's right, on November the 4th I will take to the streets of New York in an attempt to run for 26.2 miles.
There are many reasons for me doing this ranging from a need to get fit and a long desire to actually achieve something, but mainly it's for the challenge and charity, I am running for The Anthony Nolan Trust who help save lives from leukaemia by providing lifesaving donors for patients in need of a bone marrow transplant. Having lost 2 friends; Mickey Bundle and Johnny Allen to Leukaemia in the past 3 years and having watched my fellow rugby player Sam Hart walk single-handedly from Newcastle to London, I have been inspired to throw on my running shoes and to go and do something a bit silly, 26.2 miles it is.
To sponsor me please click HERE

Monday 3 September 2007

8 Weeks and 6 days

Right, it is all starting to feel very real, and not very far away now.  


This weekend I ran for 2:30 hours on Saturday and was not best prepared for it either as I'd had one or two ciders the night before, also (to my terror) I learned that cider isn't just fizzy apple juice and doesn't count towards your 5-a-day, bugger.  I also learned (the hard way) that curry isn't the ideal carbo-loading night before a long run meal, as I had to break my run and nip into Sainsbury's, enough said!

Any way, I covered 10 miles and also experimented with my ipod by listening to an audio book, this had been suggested by a friend as a way to relieve the boredom of long runs. And listening to Chris Ryan's story of crack SAS hard man storming Iraq certainly kept my attention, but it did nothing for my pace, and I felt that although I ran for a long time, I wasn't close to the distance I would have covered with my up-beat, high energy, euphoria inducing music, so back to that this week.

As an aside, I have also add to my blog the ability for you to chat with me, if I'm on-line, you can use the Instant Messenger box on the right to give me words of encouragement!!

And finally, I'd like to congratulate Rob and Dick for an excellent performance in the Triathlon last week, apparently Rob just sneaked the win from under Dick's nose, but well done both.

No comments: