ENTRY NO: 189071

It's arrived, I am now officially registered for the 2007 ING New York City Marathon.
Yes that's right, on November the 4th I will take to the streets of New York in an attempt to run for 26.2 miles.
There are many reasons for me doing this ranging from a need to get fit and a long desire to actually achieve something, but mainly it's for the challenge and charity, I am running for The Anthony Nolan Trust who help save lives from leukaemia by providing lifesaving donors for patients in need of a bone marrow transplant. Having lost 2 friends; Mickey Bundle and Johnny Allen to Leukaemia in the past 3 years and having watched my fellow rugby player Sam Hart walk single-handedly from Newcastle to London, I have been inspired to throw on my running shoes and to go and do something a bit silly, 26.2 miles it is.
To sponsor me please click HERE

Tuesday 9 October 2007

Words of encouragement

All, you may know that I have been training with my ipod, and intend to run with it in the marathon. Everyone says that the atmos is great and that you don't need it, but it has become a bit of a crutch to me, and the tracks that I have on there really seem to make a difference to how fast and far I can run.  Saying that, I did have a thought today, and I'm now calling on all my supporters (yes both of you), to see if you can record some words of encouragment, you know the sort of stuff I mean, thatI can then put on my ipod to help me through the hours.  If you can record it as an mp3 on your computer and then email me, I will stick it on my ipod and listen to you shouting obscenities at me at random intervals around the streets of NY.

No comments: