ENTRY NO: 189071

It's arrived, I am now officially registered for the 2007 ING New York City Marathon.
Yes that's right, on November the 4th I will take to the streets of New York in an attempt to run for 26.2 miles.
There are many reasons for me doing this ranging from a need to get fit and a long desire to actually achieve something, but mainly it's for the challenge and charity, I am running for The Anthony Nolan Trust who help save lives from leukaemia by providing lifesaving donors for patients in need of a bone marrow transplant. Having lost 2 friends; Mickey Bundle and Johnny Allen to Leukaemia in the past 3 years and having watched my fellow rugby player Sam Hart walk single-handedly from Newcastle to London, I have been inspired to throw on my running shoes and to go and do something a bit silly, 26.2 miles it is.
To sponsor me please click HERE

Thursday 23 August 2007

Getting Longer!

So, having got back into regular training after the excess of my holiday and the high jinx of my birth(weekend), I now had to get back on track with my long runs. I seemed to slip back into the running during the week quite well and was pleased with the relative "ease" in which I got back to the 4 mile runs. But I am now at the point where every long weekend run I do is going to be further than I have ever run before (and before anyone elses says it, yes that has pretty much been the case since I started with the little 2 milers!).

So with a 100 minute run on the cards for the weekend, the sudden realisation that I was going to my parents (and a wedding) hit me. For those that don't know, my parents still live in the village I was brought up in, Rothbury, which is in a valley, in the middle of Northumberland and it is not well known for being flat!

In fact, there was no route that I could take that wouldn't involve hills, and some quite big hills, in fact, some very big hills, you know, the sort of hills that have names! But I managed to put in a 95 minute run, complete with some hills and covered 8.5 miles, which I was pretty pleased about, as I think half of the route was on an incline!

No comments: