ENTRY NO: 189071

It's arrived, I am now officially registered for the 2007 ING New York City Marathon.
Yes that's right, on November the 4th I will take to the streets of New York in an attempt to run for 26.2 miles.
There are many reasons for me doing this ranging from a need to get fit and a long desire to actually achieve something, but mainly it's for the challenge and charity, I am running for The Anthony Nolan Trust who help save lives from leukaemia by providing lifesaving donors for patients in need of a bone marrow transplant. Having lost 2 friends; Mickey Bundle and Johnny Allen to Leukaemia in the past 3 years and having watched my fellow rugby player Sam Hart walk single-handedly from Newcastle to London, I have been inspired to throw on my running shoes and to go and do something a bit silly, 26.2 miles it is.
To sponsor me please click HERE

Thursday 16 August 2007

Right, time to start collecting some money

Ok,  so I am 9 weeks into training, I have just over 11 weeks left, and I've run over 100 miles so far, and it's starting to get serious (oh bugger).  With that in mind, I felt it is also time to start collecting. So you can sponsor me on my JustGiving site by clicking HERE 


As mentioned I'm doing this for the Anthony Nolan Trust and the sponsorship raised goes to them, I have a target of £1500 to raise, and I know a lot of you have already dug deep for Sam Hart (btw, if you haven't given him the money you owe, do it, now!), but that should have cleared your accounts by now!!

Please note: none of the sponsorship is in anyway supporting my running of the marathon, it all goes to the charity, not on flights, hotels, fancy new running shoes, etc.  Oh, and no jokes about the size of my Carbon Footprint  ;o)

No comments: